The general purpose of an internship is to give you practical experience applying the theory and content of course work in your field. Internships are typically considered a capstone experience, taken toward the latter half of your academic career. The internship guides listed below provide important information about setting up and carrying out your intenship. All internships must be approved by your program coordinator prior to starting the internship. Each guide includes the necessary forms and the syllabus for the internship course.
- Undergraduate Student Internship Guide and Contract [PDF]
- Graduate Student Internship Information Guide and Forms [PDF]
- Internship form and information for Interior Design majors
We value your involvement with our student interns and look forward to working with you! Please review the appropriate Information Guide provided above for detailed information about the structure and expectations of the internship experience.
Goals of the Internship
The goals of the internship are to:
- Provide the intern with a relevant, practical educational experience that reinforces academic coursework.
- Provide business or industry collaborators with qualified and experienced graduates.
- Acquaint the intern with the physical, academic, and professional requirements of his or her chosen field.
- Develop the intern's ability to search for and find employment.